Versatile Wood Products needs a professional drafter/product designer for residential, commercial and historic architectural products such as windows, doors, cabinetry and millwork. Versatile is based primarily in the Portland Metro area and this position is full-time.
This person will be a key member of our design team, documenting existing conditions and creating shop drawings for high end architectural products with a keen awareness of project specifications and how structural decisions impact the outcome. They will collaborate with the Custom Design Manager on residential, commercial and preservation projects of large and small scopes, including some of the most prominent historic rehabilitation projects currently happening in Portland.
Skill set should include:
- Good communication
- Critical thinking
- Pride in work
- Team player
- Problem solving
- Ability to meet or beat deadlines
Required Education & Experience:
We seek applicants with an Associate's Degree in Architectural Drafting and at least 1 year of experience as an architectural drafter in a related field, with a passion to create architectural products of the highest standards.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, CAD and 3-D modeling programs
- Punctuality, meeting deadlines and managing timelines
- Verifying feasibility of designs
- Reviewing plans, specs and project highlights
- Experience with KCDw and/or Enroute software
- Working knowledge of window, door or cabinetry construction
Primary Job Duties:
- Drafting - create accurate shop drawings of cabinets, windows, doors, furniture or any other projects with little or no supervision to include plans, elevations sections and details as may be required.
- Estimating - forecast project costs, gather details and compile data to estimate production costs according to specifications while considering the cost of raw materials and labor.
- Purchasing - facilitate the construction activities of the shop with on time deliveries of lumber, hardware, accessories, and sundries for each project and monitor costs to ensure company profitability.
Qualified applicants will have a strong work ethic, professional appearance and should have a valid driver's license and properly insured vehicle. Professional references will be verified.
Great Benefits Package:
- Medical coverage paid 100% by Versatile
- Paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Profit sharing
A pre-employment drug test will be required and professional references will be verified.
Please respond to this posting with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
****Please respond only if you meet all requirements****
Versatile Wood Products is an equal opportunity employer.